Saturday 12 May 2012

On Funny pt 1

There are minor translation glitches out here that can cause some double takes.  English is the most spoken language out here, but for many it is not their first language, so a few misses sneak through.  Most of the time they are on tee shirts worn by locals, (I haven't started taking pictures of those yet).  Then some are signs.
And why would you.  Evidently Singaporean parrots are carnivorous.  Come to think of it... I think they all are. This picture is of a little area around a bunch of restaurants.  There are somewhere around 12 to 15 LARGE parrots of all types.  I laughed.  I was the only one doing so


Some signs are just funny, and most likely meant to be funny. 
I doubt that this company was started as the Jewish version of the Underground Railroad in the 30's and early 40's.  Just a hunch.  I am guessing this a company started by an Expat with a sense of humour.  I have seen this sign in more than one elevator.  Makes me laugh every time.

And then there are things that you stumble on.  Out here almost everything is in a mall.  Most malls are themed... Seriously.  There are tech centered ones, sports malls, malls for Expats, malls just for kids etc...  Stumbled on this little gem in the middle of one of the malls.  I wish I would have gotten more video.  It was awesome.

I'd be willing to bet there will be more posts like this.  If you don't laugh out here, you will get frustrated very quickly.  Unfortunately, most of the laughing that you do out here is at the expense of someone else.  I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment